Who we are?
We are a team of travel enthusiasts who are also sports and music fanatics. Somewhere down the line these interests merged and we wanted more than another week at the beach or the next ski trip.
Our passions have led us to travel across the world and experience some of the world’s largest music festivals and sports events on relatively modest budgets. For a long time, we thought it was impossible to be there live - that this was out of our reach and that watching these spectacles on our television sets was the only option. A little bit of saving, a whole lot of backbreaking internet searches and insider tips from generous friends across the world allowed us to break that notion and experience the moments that we treasure the most today (Nadal vs Djokovic at Roland Garros, the “hand of Suarez” at the FIFA World Cup in South Africa, Prince at Coachella ... you get the picture!).
We realized that while there is a wealth of travel information on the internet, from itineraries to hotel reviews, there is no ‘one-stop-shop’ for information on experiencing the world’s greatest events. Eventraveler is our attempt at solving that need. Our hope is to provide a platform to:
- Track your dream events, including dates, tickets, news and trivia
- Plan and book your own trip to the event, using our tips on commute, accommodation, food and other aspects as well as our hotel/ airline partners
- Explore the city around the event through our city guides
- Engage with like-minded travelers across the world, sharing your story and “proprietary” / personal tips
What makes Eventraveler special?
- The Event focus: Plan your trip to the world’s greatest events. The list continues to expand and feel free to let us know if you would like us to add more.
- One stop shop: We bring together all the information you would need at one place to enjoy these events to the fullest. Find information about the event, how to get tickets, how to get there, where to stay, details on food, drink and more. Refer our city guides to do more beyond the event and make it a memorable trip.
- Community: Some of our best experiences were driven by tips from friends, who had been there. How do you get to see the players? Or which are the most “value” tickets? Share and benefit from tips, tricks and event experiences. Join our forums to discuss, ask or debate!
What is our dream?
We firmly believe that the greatest memories are about special and remarkable events, your “I was there” moments. We want each and every one of you to experience those moments and help others do the same. We want Eventraveler to be the platform where we can all come together and do that.
We welcome your thoughts and suggestions as we work towards this ambitious objective. Please feel free to provide feedback or drop us a line at email@example.com.